So, (dry) February is finally over, my PhD upgrade is submitted, and I’m a day away from skiing in Val d’Isere. Life is good! Money-saving has been less great this week, but still, here are my five;
- I spent the weekend at my parents’ – it was incredible to see them, and some of my friends, and also meant a very cheap couple of days.
- When I was at home, I also managed to stop by my favourite charity clothes store, New Life, which means I won’t have to buy any more new clothes for the foreseeable future <3
- In preparation for crazy spending in the Alps next week, I’ve managed to go the entirety of this week without going out for dinner.
- I also managed to not buy any new ski gear, which was v difficult as there are some seriously amazing ski jackets out there right now.
- I’ve (re)discovered some amazing TV on Netflix lately, so have pretty much sorted my free entertainment for the near future, yaay.
I’m not sure whether I’ll be able to post much next week due to being away (I have one post queued currently), but I’m definitely planning on doing a longer post about the wonders of beautiful Val d’Isere when I get back!